Thursday, July 30, 2015

Happy National Cheesecake Day!

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that there are several 'National Cheesecake Days' throughout the year, and who knows what nation we are talking about, really.  But I thought I'd celebrate the day simply because it's a) trending on Twitter and b) The Cheesecake Factory and a few other American restaurant chains seem to be celebrating as though today is THE most important day of the year.

So today I celebrated in my commercial kitchen by making, slicing and delivering two delicious cheesecakes to Buoy's Eatery in Gore Bay, Ontario (that's on Manitoulin Island in Canada, and by the way, it is the largest freshwater island in the world).

I make a mean Bailey's Cheesecake, which has an all-butter shortbread crust, vanilla cheesecake with milk chocolate chunks, and a Bailey's chocolate truffle topping.  Oh so good.  Enjoy with your eyes now....





I also make a Spicy Turtle Cheesecake, with a from-scratch brown sugar cookie crust, milk chocolate cheesecake filling, and a milk chocolate truffle ganache.  Oh, and the whole thing is topped off with organic semi-sweet and milk chocolate chunks, pecans, caramel sauce and cayenne pepper. Oooh that's spicelicious!







So isn't it time to visit Manitoulin Island and Buoy's beautiful waterfront patio restaurant?

Happy #NationalCheesecakeDay to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment